The New You, Too program ended last week and the results are in! We calculated all the weigh-outs and we’re excited to announce that the participants lost a combined 172 pounds! Congratulations to all of our participants.
The lucky winners of our prizes are: Suzanne Miles, who won the sports package; Michelle Snyder, who won the spa package; and Shreann Stirland, who won the iPad. Enjoy your new prizes!
Again, we’d like to thank our wonderful sponsors: State Farm, Hillcrest Getterman Wellness, Baylor Athletics, and the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District.
Our New You, Too program ended this week! Congrats to everyone who participated in the 10-week program and made improvements to their health! Now that the challenge is over, we’d like to provide you with some tips to keep the weight off and continue making healthy choices
1. Don’t forget to eat your breakfast! It truly is an important meal. Try to eat within 30 minutes of waking up to give your body the boost it needs to start the day.
2. Keep your eating plans consistent. Summer is coming up and that means schedules will be changing. Plan ahead and make sure your meals will be full of nutrition.
3. Continue to be active. If you have found activities that you enjoy doing, stick to them and have a blast doing that. If you’re still not sure you have found an activity that keeps you interested and motivated to work out, try new things. The weather is getting warmer every day- head to the park, the lake, or any outdoor activity you find. Soak up some sun while you’re improving your physical health.
4. Monitor your progress. You can keep a food journal or weigh yourself 1-2 times a week. If you notice that you’re making unhealthy choices or gaining weight, look at your meals and exercise routine to see where changes can be made.
5. A lot of people have a problem when they’re trying to lose weigh and that is that they hit a plateau. If you’re stuck at a certain weight and you can’t seem to lose any more, try to increase your physical activity.
6. Get support from your family and friends. They’ll be some of your best motivators.
These are just a few ways to monitor and improve your health. If you’re new to this, it’s never too late to start making improvements.
If you read the Waco Trib on Sunday, you may have noticed that the ‘Super 6’ made the front page of the Local & Texas section. The ‘Super 6’ ended their New Year, New You journey last Saturday, April 6th. The six participants were celebrated at the Reveal Party at the JCPenny’s Court at the Richland Mall. Each participant went back into the BOD POD to calculate the percentage of fat they lost and the percentage of muscle they gained in the past 12 weeks, and they had wonderful results!
We are proud of LaTasha, Cody, Shelly, Claudia, Derek, and Alicia and the improvements they have made to their health during the New Year, New You program. Thank you so much to our trainers- Jason, Jimmy, Pam, Caroline, Justin, and Jonathon, who did a great job coaching the ‘Super 6’ in diet and exercise.
Weigh-outs for the New You, Too program will happen next Monday, April 15th! Stop by the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District (located at 225 W. Waco Drive) from 8am to 5pm or the JCPenny’s Court at the Richland Mall from 10am to 6:30pm to weigh out.
If you have lost 10 pounds since your initial weigh-in back in February, you will win a FREE sweat-activated t-shirt and be entered into a drawing for a FREE iPad, spa package, or sports package!
We will see you for your weigh-out on Monday!
When you’re baking, it can be hard to know how to make the recipe healthier. Here are some substitutions you can make to your favorite recipes to improve the recipe:
When a recipe calls for 1 cup of whole milk, use 1 cup of fat-free milk plus 1 TBSP of vegetable oil.
When a recipe calls for sour cream, use either fat-free sour cream OR low-fat cottage cheese plus low-fat/fat-free yogurt.
When a recipe calls for 1 TBSP of butter, use 1 TBSP of soft margarine.
When a recipe calls for 1 egg, use 2 eggs whites.
Try these substitutions out on some of your favorite meals, and know that you’re eating much healthier. Little changes like these can help you improve your health.
The New Year, New You Reveal Party is THIS Saturday, April 6th! Come out to the JC Penny’s Court of Richland Mall from 2PM- 3PM and help us celebrate the ‘Super 6’s healthy new lifestyles. The ‘Super 6’ will reveal their steps to success.
We would like to give a special thanks to our program trainers: CampGladiator, Cross Fit, Fitness by Pam, TUF Boot Camp, and 3V Health and Fitness.
We would also like to thank our sponsors: A1 Fire and Security, Bear Mountain, Dillards, Gourmet Gallery, HillcrestGettermanWellnessCenter, JC Penny, Outdoor Waco, State Farm, and the Waco-McLennan County Public Health District.
Hair and makeup for the reveal party will be provided by JC Penny’s Salon, Clinique, and Kiehl’s of Dillards.
We hope to see you on Saturday!